8.05.2009

once bitten

twice shy. Friday night when I got home from the art crawl downtown I had 3 nasty looking bites on my leg. Weird. They didn't itch and I did not remember feeling like I got bit by anything. Saturday morning I had 10. Son of a gun they hurt. Saturday night I realized they were not bites, but a lovely case of Mycrobacterium Fortuitum. In other words a leg infection most commonly gotten from unsanitary pedicures. Oh I was mad. I paid good money for that pedicure the least they could have done was clean the jets in that basin. I had an antibiotic prescription at home that I started on and by Monday they looked better. I called my doctors office and most importantly emailed the Kansas State Board of Cosmetology. This is exactly what I was trying to keep my clients away from. This will take a long time to heal. I have to be on anitibiotics till it does heal. I can't swim. I can't shave over that area. When they do heal enough to shave over I have to throw away the razor after each use. It will be a while before anyone touches my feet again. I know not all nail salons are like this but it sure makes it had to want to get another pedicure.

3 comments:

Aubs said...

ewww, you will have infected and hairy legs :)

caroline duke said...

this might be the most awful thing i have ever heard. i had no idea that could happen. feel better. and don't worry... i saw lots of hairy legs in france. it'll be chic!

Trisha Davis said...

Thanks Caroline. Some people are more supportive than others. (AR) lol I need Holly to show me how to put your blog as a link on here. Love to read it.