7.31.2009

do as i say...

not as I do. I gave you all the look fors and do whats for pedicures yesterday I and now have to tell you the sad story of mine. I thought it would be great to start at the closest nail salon to me. Most of the Sola salons refer out to Mani/Pedi. It is just down the strip from us and had rave reviews. Twenty minutes into the pedicure I had made up my mind to not go back. The girl was nice and very polite, but when she slid over from the first pedicure she was working on to me, a brunette, there was no hand washing. She then started trying to sell the add ons. I did not mind. That is how they make their money when they work on commission. As she did that though she handed me a menu and there on the bottom was ....waxing. Dang it I thought to myself, I know better than to just go on referals. She did a great job and my toes looked awesome as I went to sit under the dryer. I started flipping through a magizine and paid $45 as I had the add ons. In walked a tall blonde lady looking to get in right now for a pedicure. Must be the day for it, I thought as I was humming to myself. The music in there was horrid and was about to drive me mad. I looked up right as the blondes feet were going into the basin from the first chair. The same chair that the brunetter was in. There was no cleaning going on. No bleach. No barbicide (the blue stuff). Nothing. Well dang. My first pedicure in 4 years and it was going to be a bust on here. I had such high hopes. So to sum up Mani/Pedi on east 37th is a 10 toes down.

1 comment:

jennieknits said...

I won't go anywhere but to Lida and Henry at Golden Nails. Actually, I'll be over there before I come see you tomorrow!